Harvey nicks mixed message


One thing you may have noticed on my twitter among other ways I communicate to you is that I have recently started having interest in dogs,
this is because I have had a furry companion come into my life since september and boy has that pooch changed my life.

sometimes having a handbag size dog has its perks that people miss for there there Size having comments in the past 'I would like a proper dog'.

well the perks are that when I style a lot of people do not mind if he comes with me,
among days of where I have even had a restaurant let him sit under the table while me and a party ate our sashimi,  going to Harrods where they treat him like a star in the 'pet kingdom' and going around Somerset House for London Fashion Week and today Im on my way to Selfridges where I know if he is not on the floor he is allowed.

Then there is certain places where the rules are very clear no blurring of the boundaries just 'NO DOGS ALLOWED' which I also respect.

so yesterday going through Vogue I caught a glimpse of a new campaign  below:





The shoot is called the 'New Breed' playing on large designer handbags able to hold a larger dog in retrospective to the size of my pooch thats a lot smaller,
I was delighted to assume that when I go out to do my Blog research today and make certain appointments knowing that I will have the Dog on me today I can have a browse round one of my favorite stores with him.

Then only a few hours later when going through the Evening Standard I was shocked to see the article Below:




Horrified by this story as I myself have came across the ignorant door man in the past  who doesn't know there own policies at Harrods even once where in my circumstance he wouldn't let me in with pooch until I told them he had a appointment in the 'Pet Kingdom' and the manger came down and apologized and we enjoyed our shopping experience from that point onwards.

By not only for door men being mixed up which unlike Harrods its more then confusing what is the policy? when it comes down to Harvey Nicks as they have appeared in the media as a dog Friendly  store or are they just using a mixed message?

below is another campaign where they restyle the famous animated duo Wallace and Grommet:



and from animated dogs to you tube videos on there Official channel supporting a 'Dog is for life not just christmas ' campaign this year with the comical video shot in store with the screen grabs below:

























so my question is for a store that doesn't accept dogs of any size or nature are they not sending a mixed message?


to see the video {CLICK HERE}

I would live to hear your comments 

Comments

Popular Posts