Damien Hirst for Red Nose skulls

Yesterday it was reported in the Evening standard that artist Damien Hirst is sticking a red nose on his prints of the notorious diamond skull he produced,
In aid of Red Nose Day.

The limited signed prints will be in sale in the Tate at £2,500 each.

I think this is great that British artist such as Hirst is supporting Red Nose Day, however like usual I'm left with the feeling of art being a elitist club.

With the prints baring that price tag this eliminates a lot of potential people who would love to get there hands p. a piece of Hirst.

And as much As I appreciate he is not a bargain to buy in a supermarket, it would be nice if the image was even mass produced like a badge for Art lovers out there such as myself or students who admire Hirst and would love to have something of his at a more affordable price.

If you have a view I would love to here it and feel few to drop me a comment.




Comments

Popular Posts