Machine A Store visit

Mothers Day was successful for myself,
with me being a little creative and going to some illustration and drawing and turning into a piece for her which can be seen on my Instagram account @Quirkydraws.

This week its been all very Girl Power with International women's day and I have also been doing a sketch a day to celebrate this again on that account but moving on from Instagram.

After my recent post on Machine-A talk with the founders,
Olga (  the quirky gentlewoman) and myself took a trip down to Machine - A and played dress up and did a bit of shopping so heres my Blog on that...



So Escaping London Fashion Week for some Shopping,
Machine A stands on Berwick Street Formally known as Digitaria in Soho





At the moment the current window display in constantly in rotation of designers clothing not making the visuals of the store static, in fact when walking past the store I take a personal delight seeing the next outfit in the window and how its displayed and if I preferred the outfit that was in before or now, Or if they have mixed something slightly different.

Above Nico Panda was the current display also Below a Showstudio/ Nico Panda installation in the shop, making the space like a Ar gallery where you can purchase clothes.



and also some great books as above,
 The space is minimalistic and contemporary contemporary almost feeling like you are in a real Showstudio space rather then a digital Space.

As I discussed before,  the Store has no favourites to how they display the designers its more like a treasure chest of a bit of Ashish here and some Nico Panda there.


With no Empathises on the labels and purely on the garments with the Visual Merchandising of the store I was surprised to see that I picked out pieces by designers I would usually go to shows of or look on Instagram at etc.
Finding it satisfying that I am picking the designers I do for the work and not the label is strangely reassuring and comforting that I am not being seduced by Branding.

Below are some of my top picks from the store ...


Above wearing My Black skinny jeans, Christopher Shannon Vest, Vans Disney Trainers  ( all my own ) layered with Ashish Denim Beaded top, Which I believe is in the women's  collection though sexuality and gender is not questioned in Machine -A its about enjoying the clothing and expressing yourself through style and mixing it up.
which results in a fun shopping experience of picking up what you like and going to the fitting rooms with staff pleasantly not caring what you get up to.
creating this must have look above :) 


the trim on the cutaway hearts of Ashish are divine with intricate beading finishing of the hems and the fraying on the Natural Denim with intentional raw seams on the hem, creating a Top of carefully considered deconstruction and reconstruction.



Top above £1448:00 
Rest of outfit all my own 




Above Olga having some fun in Ashish as well doesn't she look great in this Sequin Chiffon T from Machine - A.

below great outfit on the mannequin.


and Finally this Top Below that comes in 2 Colour ways Orange/Blue or Blue/Orange



This Top By Sibling Above I simply Loved I actually felt very Masculine in this one with a American Footballer Feel, Which lets face it I have no Abercrombie Body to normally Wear that One in.

This Top By Ashish was perfect by itself or layered the way I am wearing it above 
£280:00 T By Sibling 


So there is some of my Top picks from the store, 
but theres so much more then that in there even though its a small space.

and as I said before its what you do with it that counts making the garment your own.

Which Machine - A really embrace my question is Machine -A the new Dover Street Market to go to for Fun, Inspiration and that new Designer or existing one to Excite the fashion and art lovers out there?


Until Next time #stayquirky 



All Images taken by myself 















Comments

Popular Posts