Dr Martins and Agyness Deyn

Dr Martins has always been something I must admit I have been a bit of a fan of,
It goes back iconically as well as personally,

I remember as a child looking at pictures of Sid Viscous and Nacy much to my parents delight and thinking they where amazing with so much attitude.
Years later when I was at Uni I passed the store in Covent Garden and begged my parents for a pair that was limited edition sued ox blood red,
I still have that pair which are worn to death and have many stories to tell however with age they have only ever looked better for me,
Making recently me wanting to replace the insoles and the laces as I love them worn looking, and why not?
They served me well when I used to work in McQ studio's and also as a intern alongside Ada Zanditon with Gareth Pugh.

At that time it was the re launch of the club kids era and Hoxton and all things cool with the poster boy being Gareth and Henry Holland with his Fashion Icons Tee shirt range hitting the streets of shoreditch,
And partying alongside Henry was the model of the era Agyness Deyn where she could always be spotted alongside a t shirt dress and killer legs in a pair of doc's.


Now Deyn has come back into the world of fashion with a fashion collaboration with the brand which incorporates clothing, footwear and accessories using a eyeball print which can be seen below and on the dress Deyn in modelling,

This signature Eyeball print is actually taken from models own eyeball,
They collection that's inspired by layering intelligently or as key signature pieces worn as a statement have took influence from British subcultures such as punk and goth with a fusion of Dr martins workwear products.


The collection will be coming to online and stores soon.



Comments

Popular Posts