Save our sanctuary london fashion week


It's the last day of fashion week and a day for me that's always exciting with menswear collections,
But do we ever think about the models well being when we watch them standing in a tank in a presentation or on heels for hours or loads of cameras directly in your face and you cannot laugh,
Girls and boys who come into the country not knowing anyone and sometimes barley the language just dressed and googled at for the world to see.


You may have seen a tweet from me earlier on today with a pic of my lapel of my trench I am wearing today,

Was this because my lapel was amazing?
No buy something that is truly amazing is Erin O'Connor's Model sanctuary which I have blogged about before over the seasons.

For those of you going huh what sanctuary let me quickly explain,
After the model health enquiry Supermodel Erin O'Connor decided to set up a space for models of all ages and gender etc to be able to have somewhere to retreat to over fashion week in a healthy nurturing environment.

The sanctuary usually takes place in a Town house in covent garden and before then the Mayfair which had help such as osteopaths, nutritionist , life coaches all to make the younger person who is going into this demanding and fierce industry fell they are too getting some TLC and not just feeling like the media portray like a object.

There also is some fun things that take place in the sanctuary to escape from the stress such as food supplied where all gather and talk, industry experts that come in and give art classes yoga classes and many other good for the mind and body classes.

I could go on for ever about what the sanctuary do and if you want to know more check model sanctuary on my blog and www.allwalks.org where I have written in the past for this exciting project.


Which leads me to conclude this season unfortunately down to the fact of the Sanctuary being homeless and no venue it cannot go on this season.

We need to save our sanctuary by tweeting the hash tag #sos and blogging as much as possible
So this season I wear my badge with pride,
And hope that we will get this sorted for next season as the work the sanctuary does is incredible.

If you think you could help tweet this or go to erinsmodelsanctuary.com

Comments

  1. Hi there.
    Fantastic blog!
    See our coverage of both London and New York Fashion Weeks @Motilo.
    www.motilo.com
    Shop together and create your ultimate look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts