London Fashion week food challenge

Ok so it's day one of London fashion week, for some that means excess in drink and naughty foods and a lot of rushing around.

Last year you may have noticed that I blogged less then usual as I was working for Erin O'Conner for the 'Model sanctuary'

One thing I learnt from working at the sanctuary was the importance of food, where models and staff where treated to valuable support such as nutritionist.

Erin has always endorsed a healthy attitude with fashion and mentoring models and students around her.

http://safteypincharm.blogspot.com/2011/02/erin-oconnors-lfw-survival-guide-for.html

Click link above for Erin's survival tips.

So between my experience gained working in fashion over the past 4 years and reading the stylist magazine (free supplement handed out in London),
I had a rude awaking of how I once was and how many are when reading a feature on Lulu Kennedy 'founder of fashion east' where she was quoted ;

' sometimes I an so rushed around each day that by the end of it I realise that I have only had a kit Kat and a glass of champaign '

Now I know I have been guilty of that in the past so this season I am putting my body to the extreme test,
And that's lets look after it with at least 2 healthy meals in a day between shows and party's and trying to maintain my exercise routine.

Sounds easy?
Well I will see And each day I will share with you my triumph of failures as well as what's hot and not in fashion week.

Todays plans,
Somerset house
A show and a party

And starting of the day with a complex carbohydrate high protein breakfast that takes less then 2 minuets to make.

Take 2 pancakes hovis 50/50
Toast and spread on a thick dollop of peanut butter,
Then add on some cashew nuts and almonds and drizzle on some maple syrup.

A meal that gives you a slow but high energy burning meal.


Now I'm of to get my hair done for this evening, keep posted here readers for more fashion features throughout the week.


Comments

Popular Posts