vivienne westwood worlds end comes to an end





When you think of Carnaby street you are forgiven for automatically thinking the swinging 60's,
However there was a massive movement in the Chelsea area not having the 'made in Chelsea' crowd it is today. In contrary the people who stormed down the Kings Road with there Dr M boots or mini dresses would of not have been interested in reality Tv shows and A lists...
Anyway Im ranting, 
the reason why the last shop that says no that SCREAMS fashion history and tradition of the Kings road is boarded up,
Vivienne Westwood's store Worlds end has been there since 1971 changing its appearance 5 times until 1980 where it was renamed Worlds End.

Being born in the 80's this is the only Version of the shop I have ever known in my lifetime and when I visited as a awkward teenager it was one of the few places I felt at home.
One may say it was part of my fashion beginnings though last month I had a pop down to the store as I thought lets see what's going on as I always visit the Man store in Conduit Street, 
Sadly the Image I came across was a boarded up store where I felt so sad that I wanted to break in and squat with my pooch however I resisted the urge of criminal activity.

So my question's are:  
  1. Is this the end of Worlds End?
  2. Will she open something else instead?
  3. Why did this store that had special flooring and was a movement in its time for decking out a shop gone all of a sudden?
  4. Was this to do with the death of Malcom McLaren? 
and finally if it is the end what's the next plans for the branding of worlds end?
and what will happen to the store hopefully it wont be another High street chain 


Im sorry to say today has left me with more questions then answers,
however Im glad I documented with my camera the ending of a fashion era,
and in true vivienne style I got it on Analog film not Digital

#stayquirky 
be positive 


Comments

Popular Posts