My MDNA tour Come down

Well as today's extra song of the week was 'Turn up the Radio' by Maddonna,
I feel it's quite appropriate to talk about the MDNA Tour that I went to in London's Hyde Park last Tuesday.

I was counting down the days to see the tour it felt like since I have the album on collectors vinyl and digital download from iTunes,
Also attending the last two tours 'confessions Tour' at the O2 and the 'Sticky & Sweet Tour' at Wemberly Stadium it was safe to say I'm a bit of a fan, however I didn't leave Mdna tour feeling as excited as I usually would have and reviews that I have recently read have been a bit of a mixed bag as well.

My review below consist of three parts the venue which made a massive impact on the Gig,
The support acts
And finally Mdna itself.....


So starting with the venue ....

After queuing at the gates with my friend for hours before so we where in line for a good view, when the gates finally opened I couldn't have ran any faster to the front then my little Hunters could carry me in.

To my disappointment I came to an abrupt halt at a gate which felt like it separated me a field away from the stage to find out to be in that other sectioned part of the gate you needed to upgrade your ticket by £175.

My ticket cost over £80 already!
And spending on her past 2 tours over £400 for tickets in past madge has certainly earned a bit from me already.
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have minded this time having the cheep tickets if the venue was packed with a roaring crowd, Though this wasn't the case with the sectioned of part being half empty,
( did any one advise her it's a global financial crisis going on at the moment)

This couldn't have felt good for people who where in the upgraded section as it was half empty so lacked a vibe, and certainly wasn't good if you where behind that gap like myself and looked into a empty field with a few scattered people and then a stage over a mile away.

One friend of mine who also works in the creative and entertainment industry said " She must have been I'll advised how to do the tour as it couldn't have been pleasant for her to look out at that big empty gap in the audience and it couldn't have generated a good vibe for the audience either causing a feeling of separation".

I couldn't agree more with the above statement

Also with the licensing laws and debate with local residents about the sound volume another thing that disturbed me was the lack of volume like previous maddonna tours I wanted the volume roaring and the crowd jumping.
However the sound was so low you could here people's conversations in the audience which lead to a zombie crowd just standing there with the exception of myself and a few others determined to dance away.

The whole sound debate leads me to one conclusion with Hyde park they either allow a decent amount of volume or they don't do gigs there as its simply not fair to the audience buying the tickets.

However the support acts put on before the tour started was put on way to early with Martin Solveig making a excellent mix of songs starting the support act and getting people in the mood for a massive disappointing come down for LMFAO to follow, with a disappointing set that relied on gimmicks of blow up animals and. Cardboard robot heads which shouted there way through every song like children on a sugar high.

LMFAO I was disappointed by as I loved there hit 'I'm sexy and I know it' however this was even shouted all the way through showing some people are better in the studio then live.

Finally moving on to the 'MDNA Tour'
This was excellent in so many ways the graphics where breathtaking with displays on screen of church's to video montages and crazy pop art with as always excellent dancing beyond expectations with a marching band held in the air.

(what she wanted for the super bowl)

To a set that consisted of mash ups of her old stuff to great stage performances like something from a film set of her MDNA album,

I only wish that I saw this in a venue it deserves like a arena etc as you miss the haunting atmosphere that the show has with lighting on the themes of Religion, sex and celebration

I can't fault maddonna at all for her tour performance don't get me wrong I loved the show it was the venue I hated and don't feel this show works for somewhere like Hyde park.

For people that say she didn't sing more of her classics I say she did grey mash ups even mixing in gaga's born this way and this was why the tour was called MDNA Tour and not greatest hits.



Comments

Popular Posts