Damien Hirst takes over London

So on my travels especially in the morning I have to admit im a guilty Englishman for a cup of Tea.

However to my delight, even though a very cleaver marketing technique at the same time my Tea was served in Damien Hirst Paper Cups at Cafe Nero.

Hirst is one of my favourite Artists of the YBA ( young British artist ) movement,
And with his Butterfly artwork printed on the cups it certainly put a smile to my face in the morning.

Also it reminded me of my recent visit to the Tate Modern on Southbank London,where Hirst's work is currently on display to mid September.

The Exhibition is a collective of his work over time from Student to current day, with house known favourites such as his work with taxidermy animals such as his shark and sheep and on the more macabre and strangely beautiful human skull embellished with diamonds among many more.

I recommend a day at the Tate and if you are a Londoner I certainly recommend you beat the ques and go Pre Olympics as I went in February and that was a long enough que for ticket s

Enjoy
M.W

Comments

Popular Posts