DIOR ILLUSTRATED BY RENE GRUAU



So for My regular readers you may remember me talking about the Exhibition that was taking place on Dior Illustrated that was taking place at somerset house.

Well today was the Last day and hopefully you saw my tweet when I was Live there,
the exhibition was not only impressive but much more exciting then I anticipated and I already had High hopes for Rene Gruau, who was illustrating for the House of Dior, Christian not Galliano.

However Galliano pieces of Dior Couture did make an apperance in the exhibition with insperation taking from Gruau's ealier work with Christian which was exciting to see.
Unfortunately pictures where understandably not allowed of the Artwork so these where the best pictures that I could take for you.
for more images and information of Gruau and the Christian Era there is a book that is available which I am hoping to pop again to somerset house book store and purchases.


The Collection was strong that was on show,
and the timeline gave good indications of trends in the house of Dior showing illustration is as strong as Fashion Photography.
in a day where Photography is overused with high airbrushing looking at a stroke of a line or a brush and the feeling the image creates is truly captivating.

My favorite era was the 70's male images that Gruau drew for Dior with the sexuality of the male and his masculinity causing controversy with the image of bare hairy legs which reminded me of the essence of the Opium advert shot by Tom Ford,

More to come soon on my views of the relation between the adverts will come shortly until then I hope you didnt miss out on this exciting exhibition and took my advice and went

M.W

Comments

Popular Posts