lets talk kate moss for Balmain:






I have recently came across this Video that was on YouTube shot for Balmain,
the video that to me has a illustrative feel of Amie Dicke.
combinded with Moss gives a dark feeling which on the internet some have criticized for the feeling of this looking like someone having a come down.
However I say what was Alice in wonderland?
if tripping out in the name of art was accepted for children with Lewis Carroll then
Balmain and Moss should be able to express themselves without the backlash.
but like any good piece there will always be talk and not always in the form of praise,
Personally I quite like the film,
take away Moss and think of this as any model
and look at the dark yet cheeky illustrations combined in the form of animation, which I must state is by Jo Ratcliffe.


Moss is not new to being in videos performing with artistic license and illustrations
many years ago the backlash was her being to racy on the form with illustrator Julie Verhoven as seen below:

So here is my question of the day:
what do you think of the Balmain video?
does this inspire you or send you to a sleep is this artistic or obvious this has already caused a lot of talk on the net and I would love to see your comments...

M.W


Comments

Popular Posts