From personal trainer to essential Yoga

This week my highlight came to me by accident.
Attending a personal profile session at the  gym which I recently joined, taking only 15 minutes I was introduced to a trainer where we discussed eating habits and what I wanted to get from the gym. Attempting to talk about stress relief which I feel is a major part for me going to the gym, I felt disregarded when speaking, even though I also talked about the idea of how to maintain myself and not focusing on bulking up as this isn’t my natural build.

I felt like the click between me and the trainer just wasn’t there, with him hoping to make me a before and after bodybuilder example for his portfolio and my skinny build to much of a challenge for him. I wanted to know how to improve my current techniques but not living for the gym and eating five meals a day, which he insisted upon. I also felt the trainer was unprepared for the session and preoccupied with what they was about to do next mentioning more then once how they have a class they about to teach soon.

With the feeling of being rushed and disappointed when I left the brief session. My motivation was depleted. I decided to shake this off and work out on the gym floor myself, as talking about food and  not personal training left me with an itchy feeling to work out and get some positive endorphins going.

I decided to hit the gym floor and work on a few weights and some body resistance training with TRX cables, leaving me with the satisfaction that I do like the gym just not that rushed experience, and not told that my diet is crap when we didn’t even go through what I eat properly. I felt judged on being to skinny , though the disappointment resided throughout my workout as I was really looking forward to the training session which resulted in a epic fail. I decided to see what classes where on and saw a Yoga class.

This is where the day had a brilliant twist. I have started practicing my yoga again recently and must say I’m incredibly impressed by the standard of teachers they have at Forest Hill Energie Gym.
This Saturday I was taught by yoga teacher Amelia who has her own website :

www.ameliayoga.co.uk

This was a Yoga experience I have never experienced before, a class that was suited for all levels, with a combination of essential oils and a keen focus on guided meditation designed to enhance and deepen the yoga experience left me feeling delighted and calm for the rest of the day.

Even though the class was full and it was a small room Amelia’s warm and personal approach made you feel you was having a one to one session on a LA retreat somewhere. Essential oils I know for massage but this usage for yoga was so impactful, for anyone that suffers anxiety or just wants to feel the day melt away and feel a little calmer in this hectic world I certainly recommend this class and teacher.

Currently if you a member of the Energie gym in forest hill you can experience a class as a drop in session but for more times and classes and even essential oil classes have a look on her site:

I’m so glad I had both experiences at the gym as the trainer session has left me feeling more confident in my own decisions of training and knowing that hard ass style just doesn’t suit my needs, and finding more of an enlightening experience through Yoga I may even try one of Amelia’s classes outside of the gym.

I will keep you updated if I do.



( picture from me doing practice at home)




.

Comments

Popular Posts