Gareth Pugh & Michele Lamy Talk at London Fashion Week

So Gareth Pugh is one that I have spoken about many times on this blog (CLICK HERE)
And today I will be speaking of him again When Olga and I went to visit him on another one of the London Fashion Week Talk series with Amex,


Gareth Pugh & Michelle Lamy in conversation with Chris Wallace
The talk was scheduled for the morning but without any warning and in the pure nature of fashion the event time was changed last minuet On Gareth's request to the afternoon.
This was frustrating as it did mean I had that awful fashion decision of which event to go to as I was now double booked, Obviously I picked this exciting designer to go to as my choice.

When attending the talk Chris Wallace the host was charming when interviewing the pair however  Michelle and Gareth came across as if they where very inseparable and almost as if they where not inclusive and slightly aloof towards the interviewer.

With the atmosphere of the audience being really tense it got to the point where Chris tried to wrap up the interview quickly and pass the questions on to the audience aiming to make some more conversation this way...

When a fellow Sunderland  audience member ( where Gareth is from ) asked do you visit home much the response was unpleasant and awkward where people stopped asking questions after.
it was clear that this was a sensitive subject for Gareth which was hard to view but also how he handled the situation was not to good either.

This left people who where in the audience as past interns for the designer  being scared to go up at the end and say hello and I am not just talking about myself.

Success has changed him or maybe he was like this before?

For me writing this blog is very weird as I love Gareth's work I think he is a very talented man with a great skill that I admire.
Though the admiration for the designer and the person I have to see separate as going to this talk disheartened myself from the brand.

Don't get me wrong I will still wear my Gareth pieces,
and wear them well with attitude and a smile :)
But will I go out of pocket buying anymore pieces?
The answer is No.

Below is some pictures I took from the talk ...










Again you can see from the badly shot photographs of mine Gareth's work is so strong and striking and thats why we where all there in a crowded room for this man.

However This is just my opinion and there is a great video shot of the series below that will give you the highlights of the talk edited down and take from it your own view,
do not be tainted by mine...


For more check the official video below from The British Fashion Council  London fashion week talk series below:



Until Next time stay quirky and stay happy,
I hate to write such a down post but do feel that its better to be honest then talk up the talk.
All Photography by Myself Michael Williamson
Video from YouTube The British Fashion Council

Comments

Popular Posts