My Narina Like Experience at Scoop London

On Day Three of London Fashion Week;
When I visited Scoop the wholesale exhibition for international buyers, early in the morning.  I posed the question the 'What would it be like if I had my own QuirkyGentlewoman's boutique, but with all these gorgeous clothes and accessories, what would be my 12 Key pieces from this year's exhibitors, just too exciting! Now I must tell you, visiting Scoop is one of the must Narin-terrific experience, such a beautifully diverse collections of mens and ladies clothing and accessories, divine.

(As you can tell, with my childlike excitement) It was my first time visiting the wholesale international buyers exhibition, there were so many pieces, that captured and I brought into my creative hemisphere of reference, that it left me wanting more. Now choosing my 12 pieces over all the exhibitions at London Fashion Week, became an adventure (hence the Narina reference) I stepped into many different fashion worlds'; from red carpet splendor, to the sights and colours of unseen world, but isn't that what fashion is all about.
First of all I walked into the urban world of SWEAR, and stopped by their collaboration with Henry Holland.


SWEAR and Henry Holland Collaboration
Leather Tasseled Men's Casual Loafers

My attention was truly grabbed by these men's leather tasseled trainer - or casual loafers but with an urban kick. In three colours with the classic loafer bar, they are definitely on trend. Mmm 'Tasseled Up' hard edge heaven, my desires were met, such classic referencing and urbanly exquisite, this staple trend will always be revisited by designers, thank Mr. Holland.


My next enchantment at Scoop were two brands Nach Bijoux and Maison Baluchon all I can say is Parisian Chic meets beautiful Victorian Curiosities and I just loved each of their pieces, my half French Grand-mother would be proud. 
Maison Baluchon's travel bags and technology cases in inspired classic French Upholstery styled fabric but with a modern outlook such as a the subject of hummingbirds or golf in vibrant prints and in traditional formal colours; very feminine yet not apologetic. 


Masion Baluchon travel Bag 


Masion Baluchon Technology Cases

 And to Nach Bijoux's delicate earrings that would make you a happy sophisticate.  Beauty porcelain earrings that made a satisfied Parisian shopper, their little white pet monkey earrings totally charmed me. Nadia and Nancy Knoch inherited love for jewellery has come through in their collection of rings and earrings.


Wandering through the exhibitors, my next discovery was Ardent & Co. Fall collection capturing all directions of beautiful and sophisticated.  The piece that made me excited by it classic cut and vibrant fabric with its developed colour landscape, I was lucky enough to meet Yihua Li Creative Director of the Ardent & Co  and spoke to her about the how much I enjoyed the texture and colours used in her fabrics, were she told me there was a great deal and development in creating the fabrics. 
My favourite piece that was just so great I could not resist it, was a black, pink and aquamarine fabric adventure, that consists of a two piece morning coat and skirt, called Pink Jacket 12 and Pink Skirt 03. 


A very classic piece, you could imagine working out of an 1950's fashion story with a beautiful hat and gloves, I believe good happenings for this piece named Pink Jacket and Pink Shirt, once it enters the retail world, it sheer vibrance will attract customers and consumers alike.

Now after my Ardent & Co. adventure I came across an beautiful scent that draw me toward the world of Santorvs London by wonderful designer; Tara Strickland. Tara and her brother run the company. The collection of candles, scarves and cushions and scents, were so mesmerising that you felt you were transported to a Middle Eastern Pasha's Paradise, where every scent you smelt and every sight you saw was a fantasy waiting to be fulfilled and just as opulent. Tara decorated cushions are so fanastic you would need them, in every room as their allure is fascinating and surreal all in the same sentence; enchanted blue elephants and wild cats lost time.
 Be transported visit www.santrovs.com where you can see much then just my description.


Santorvs's amazing Cushions, Candles and Scarves


I must confession my tastes a lover of fashion can be dark to light and even surreal but the story of story of an collection or fashion piece is never one that can be defined by just the obvious, unless it a classic. So when I ventured upon the creations of Gudrun & Gudrun, I rubbed my little hands together with glea. What I can define as an inspiration in knitwear is the best description of all, they collection and inspiration of the Faroes Islands wilderness; of nature's hilltop landscapes with of its textures and colours. From traditional knits to light cables knitted dress, my love of feminine and sexy knitwear was one of continued happiness seeing their Fall collection.  Their beautiful women's handmade knitwear was dress are phenomenal, sexy and full of risk, and that kind of fashion every contemporary women loves. My favourite knitted dress could be said, to hardly there, but like I said sexy is what sexy is. As glamourous as any red carpet garment, the black dress made have separation anxiety as soon as I left it, making me, having to to visit twice, with me threatening to visit it again but one has to remember this, is a wholesalers exhibition.


On greater message is of freedom, with Gudrun & Gudrun working with women who are confined by their lives as females in their own dominate male societies such as Jordan, Peru and Faroe Islands.

Indulgence No.6: Nebo what a fabulously glamorous fashion brand from the Croatia from dressing the fashion elite in Europe, as a fashion spectator you see why the brand is loved greatly and aspired by women. The Fall collection was so clipse of red carpet glamour to sought after exclusive party that everyone want to be invited too, each piece in the collection could be worn and read with envy by others. There were too many pieces that could have been my favourites but one number, defined by urban sophistic pallette this time. Netted fabric dress with leather prick holes vest, you can imagine a rock chick on the back of a motorbike meets a modern couture house frenzy. 


The beautiful netted dress with prick hole leather vest, held by the 
designer herself



Overall Scoop was certainly something different from my usual London Fashion Week experiences,
However Scoop is somewhere I be delighted to attend again.

Don't forget my instagram page @Olgach1 to see more images by me,

or tweet me direct on @olgach

#QuirkyGentleWoman




Comments

Popular Posts