Emotional art and a new journey

My first blog post for this year abc it's a personal one I hope you will all like ...

Due to a personal incident that I have once spoken about on my YouTube channel In 2012 I took a small break from styling and media in general. 

During this time a family member of mine bought me a massive canvas as a gift for me to release the stress and emotions I was going through while suffering PTSD  ( post traumatic stress disorder ).

Resulting in me working all the issues and the layers of my problems at the time on that very personal emotional self portrait, 
For 2 more years this canvas has sat in a empty room hidden away almost like my own personal Oscar wildes Dorian grey in the attic. 

However time and love and friendship is a wonderful healer and In 2015 not only can I look at the painting again, 
I decided that's not me anymore!

Instead  of throwing away the piece I got inspired by artists like Tracey Emin who show there emotional journeys through there art.

Therefore I decided to document and share the picture  reusing the canvas to make a fresh start and a new image for 2015.

Below the original piece: 


Am I pretty? - by Michael Williamson 
Media - mixed 
Year 2012

Below some close up shots:








I kind of enjoy the fact that as we grow older our past makes us who we are the good and the bad sometimes the ugly and even the beautiful.

Below:
the process of sanding down the canvas got all the big lumps and bumps from my heavy applied  paint process 


Below working over the sanded down suface and starting a fresh start



So here it is a new start for 2015 
On my art and everything else in a happier place


The canvas it has a few tears in it and lumps and bumps,
However that's just life nothing is smooth and perfect and some things take time to mend, 
And just like a person it has many layers and it's own story where I shall update all of you my readers the journey.


Stay quirky and happy 2015 x 



Comments

Popular Posts