Riley V.S Wayfarer


Which one will you chose?
A while ago you may have read my post on Oliver Peoples New flip top Riley frames that I was just GaGa over, well I came across this campaign the company have just done 'bored on sundays' with Elijah wood fitting into the Geeky english eccentric character and Shirley Manson with her so relaxed effortless cool grunge girl vibe.

when I saw this clip it got me excited as I am currently wearing for my own reading glasses a pair of Wayfarer style glasses that I have had for a few years now (my influence was peter Parker meets Ugly Betty) as below...


I remember when I first purchased these from the options and before the geek chic trend being asked by my optician "are you sure you want these? Do you not want something younger more designer?"
Her horror that a then 22 year old was picking glasses from the O.A.P section but I felt quickly and happy with my choice a year later when I broke the glasses and went back to get the same pair again the price had went up on them where I decided to purchase a breakfast at tiffany glass case to protect them this time.

Recently with the trends directing every person now walking around with a pair on and not even a real prescription in there lenses I keep getting asked where I have got mine from and starting to want a change...

keeping on peter parka aka Elijah Wood the Riley glasses for Sun or prescription I feel is going to be a trend that by this time next year most people will be getting a pair of Riley styles from there local Topshop

The range that Oliver Peoples have got is great and you must check there website and their site :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHj2WxbYUE

And there youtube vid above.

Now don't get me wrong, the wayfarer's of mine are going no-wear soon ( look at audrey above) however I am definitely on board of the new Riley style
that I feel is working as a future trend

But which one is going to be post popular to the public?



Comments

Popular Posts