My Fashion for relief experience at London 10 fashion week



Following from London Fashion Week Aw10/11,
What I felt and also speaking to other people that I spoken to that the vibe was not exactly the same there was definitely a sense of depression and lack of the London spirt that I usually love about London Fashion week, and I personally feel this may be the mourning of Lee McQueen.
Even at the fashion for relief show where the papers all picked up on Kate Moss in tears over the McQueen section of the show.

Though for me seeing some of Lee's work to the beats of GaGa down the Runway worn by Naomi and Kate was what every fashion student of my generation dreamed of seeing but didn't get chance to as was to young and at school.

When I graduated and the death of Lee I thought the Dream of seeing his work on the runway was never to happen for me however I felt truly blessed to get that chance.
(unfortunately pictures of the show came out not so good on my camera phone so haven't any for this section though below is the brochure)


the overall project also working on fashion for relief was truly inspiring to see so many main figure heads pull together for such a good cause that was in need which was all in aid of the 'White ribbon alliance for Haiti'

Westwood has done a charity T that you can purchase in her worlds end store and online thats about £50 if i recall correctly, However there was an amazing line up on the runway from Skin


to Naomi and one of my fav's Erin O'Connor all played part in making the event a great success and i think the best message here is if yo a Dj/singer or a model or designer etc whatever you do use your talents to creative positivity in the air and create a better place, we can all play our part even if not to this charity something that is close to your heart.

on another note to do with Lee McQueen What was truly touching was the tribute Board that was stuck up in the BFC main tents,
However notes from Fashion week shows etc and stories from the week shall be on the next blog so look out for tomorrow....

M.W

Comments

Popular Posts