David longshaw at LFW with stories of travel

Day 2 in London for Fashion Week, and I have been looking for the eccentric and unordinary of people and Collections  with a twist to share with my readers of Quirky Gentlemans Club, 
and I believe I found that yesterday after interviewing David Longshaw about his Collection Below where he talked me through the story of his Collection and inspiration and a few of my favorite pieces.




S/S13 Collection by David Longshaw grabbed my attention with his collection titled 'Eva & Doug go on Holiday'





The idea of the collection comes from two Toys presented above where Eva & Doug above capturing David's imagination of a Dolly that has a depressed Dog so 'Eva' the doll takes her Dog on holiday to the Spanish coast in attempt to cheer him up.

The Prints tell the story of Eva and the imaginary tale by David which are all illustrated by the designer as well making each piece a romantic story and a piece of wearable art.




David is an illustrator at heart and this comes through on his work making clothes that are sweat and wearable with a edge he also contributes to Vogue Italia wear he has created a weekly comic strip called 'Francesca & Arthur'


David was kind enough below to go through the collection with me and help in holding his beautiful and cleaver illustrated designs for me below 




cocktail hour above and  below  double T:


the perfect beach/ summer dress below:


you can follow Maude's twitter one of Davids characters on @Maude_Maudezine 

This is one quirky designer to certainly look out for and even if you into illustrations and not fashion keep a eye on him as he has many things on.

M.W




Comments

Popular Posts