The Royal Wedding- & Williamson's view's Matthew & Michael's



so the other williamson in our life Matthew,
has been reported in Vogue.com today saying for the fashion industry to get over it! with the Kate middleton wedding dress: {CLICK HERE FOR STORY ON VOGUE.COM}
However I have to give the designer his dues it may not be his thing but at least he isn't trying to do a whole collection to impress the Future Princess, which this fashion week we have seen with many designers one in Particular was McQueen {CLICK HERE FOR THE COLLECTION} .

Which I must say that I did enjoy watching and seeing the fairy-tale collection unfold by the New designer Burton,
But a piece of me had to wonder when Lee died did a major part of the Brand?
Would he of ever did something so obvious as a Collection that is basically a Couture Bridal show as the same time as the announcement of the Royal Wedding?
One has to question this,
From the designer who was rumored to of once have used Tailors chalk and wright in the words C*NT in the lining of the royals jackets when he was an intern at Savil Row.

Would the Man himself have jumped to his collection be as Burton did or would he have rebelled?

No one knows but either way I must say the Drama is lost and the Shock Factor of McQueen's Work but Burton is doing a Fantastic job holding down the fort of McQueen studio's
With the wearable and glamour's collections that she is doing.

However I do think that a McQueen Dress would be a Beautiful experience and maybe even the modern day version of the Dress William's Mother Diana wore.


One thing for certain is the country if we like to admit it or not is still within a depression,
Just this time a depression with the internet.

And like the last major Royal wedding this will be used as a form of entertainment and a way of building moral for the country and hope.

so I don't agree when people think that Kate will be wearing something simple,
Yes, indeed it may be something of simpler taste to Diana and I doubt she would want to hold that spotlight.

But at the same time Royal Duty will mean there will be a lot of politics I presume into picking this Dress and that will be the interesting thing do we think even kate has decided this yet?
Of what is on the day?

One thing I certainly cannot see is Matthew's dresses for a Royal Wedding It worked above for Kelis and Nas with the Famous Water Mellon Green Dress,
But can we see Monarchy in this Tropical Design?

when in fact if we do our Home work the infomous Virginial Traditionial dress in White came from the Victorian's and Queen Victoria.

Which to be honest has set the whole theme for Disney and more of a Princess wedding Dress
and all of our Fairy tail Fantasies of what and what a princess should look like...



However with Royalty comes Duties and there is restrictions of what Kate can be seen wearing walking down St Pauls so I for one will be fascinated to see what she wears and who she chooses,
however if I was in a position of Matthew or any designer would I theme my collection around the Royal Wedding?

well the answer would be a Royal No!
they would have to take time in the story of the designer and collaborate with the family and the brand.

well that is my Royal
rant
what is your views?


M.W

Comments

  1. Interesting post.

    I will be among the many feeling ostracised when it comes to this (or any) royal wedding because, although we are definitely in an economical funk, the news of matrimonial bliss between two posh and pampered souls will not be enough to lift me out of any kind of depression should that be economic or literal.

    Personally I switch from indifference and annoyance when it comes to the monarchy. And I know many of us couldn’t care if Kate Middleton turned up wearing Primark to her wedding.

    I think anyone taking hold of the reigns of the McQueen brand trying to recapture the “edge” of the late Lee McQueen will inevitably fail, and I highly doubt he would have tailored his collection to please the crowd.

    As for YOU designing for a royal wedding?!? I really couldn’t see. I don’t think you would pander to a royal couple and you would find their ideas too bland. Not unless Kate and Wills wanted a Bride of Chucky meets Pirates of the Caribbean style wedding. Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton, maybe; but not Kate and William.

    Nicola (Titch)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts