Freakonomics and my breakdown chapter by chapter: whats the big fuss


A while Ago over a Production meeting for one of the companies I work for, some reason we all went of track and started talking interesting facts that lead to a well recommended Bookcalled 'Freakonomics' - A rogue Economist Explores The hidden side of everything.

The Talk was exciting and interesting and before I go into my analysis of the book that's one thing I will say straight away - it gives a talking spot over a dinner table or in a coffee house ... so what's it all about?

the introduction explains that the book is a platform to disscuss questions you may or may not have thought of before using econmics and questions to poduce answers - all very well I hear you say but when I finished the book disscussing the book with other peers we where still left on the subject what was it all about? or what a waste of time reading.

this is how it goes rember people this is only my opionon but:

Book breakdown:

Introduction: insitghtfull and gives you some good questions I was getting really excited about reading this book at this point and the introsuction was very insightfull not just asking questions but actually answering some at the moment.

chapter 1: this was a intresting chapter kind of confirming what we have all suspected about teachers and what they will sometimes do to make sure they meet target at the end of the day they are like anyone els are they not?

chapter 2: with this chapter i started of interested with such a huge statement as why are the klu klux klan no different to real estate agents however half way through this chapter it felt as if the tone was just drifting from one subject to another,
a bit like when you a child and a granddad or uncle etc is telling a pointless story where you not sure where exactly it is going resulted in me having to skip half way through this chapter as i was tempted to return the book to the library at this point.

chapter 3: FINALLY a chapter that now has started to get my interest ' why do drug dealers still live with there mums?'

when I started to read this chapter it had a every interesting antidote from someone and also explained well how they have compiled the data that they have got to answer the subject question well written and kept me stimulated till the very end of this chapter I started to feel maybe i was a bit to hasty with this book.

chapter 4: Now in this chapter hear comes my frustration with the book,
Finally getting into the book by chapter 3 thinking maybe just the last chapter was over my head or just bored me ?
I was interested in the chapter 4 title 'Where have all the criminals gone?' to read further into the chapter and go 'OH maybe the introduction wast that good' as to my knowledge the introduction should introduce the reader to the subject questions not answer them which it did by the point.

and started to feel like i am listening to a ramblings of a old man with some valid points and undertones in the book which includes for chapter 5 however some of it has been answered earlier on and unless you lack common sense or do not want to think for yourself you will find this book frustrating

chapter 5: am I really interested in reading what makes the perfect parent wrong book and no one can ever answer that subject they never will be able to.

chapter 6:ok another chapter on parenting (sighs) and all I can say by this point if i wanted the ultimate care parenting tip book I would of went to that section of the library,
why has the book changed so many times throughout what book does this want to be?

Epilogue:


parenting skills, criminals and klu klux klan with teachers etc all very well but the book reads like the ramblings of a intelligent person talking down to you thinking you have no common sense or does not question the world you live in.

if you dont and like to read and go oh yeah it may make you think a bit more, which to my believe people need to do sometimes but if you like to think an be aware of your environment and world you may find the book a bit patronizing and why did you bother
overall I would rate this book a 5 out of 10
It wasn't a total waste of time reading and did make me question and realize some bits but overall I found I was more frustrated when I read it then before i started

happy reading and
if you have read this
and agree with me or hate my comments
please feel free to leave a comment below i love a good book talk

M.W










however as I always say make your own decision and go to you Local Library (which I did)
or alternatively-
( CLICK HERE ) -link to Amazon for Book 'Super Freakonomics' -

Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance


( CLICK HERE ) -link to Amazon for Book 'Freakonomics' - A rogue Economist Explores The hidden side of everything.

until next time
Happy Reading

M.W

Comments

  1. Interesting review. I will give the book a read and let you know exactly what I think.
    Titch xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts