The Harvest Moon

I missed last month posting about the moon, but this September the 10th was the Harvest moon and, I have recently come to learn this is also the end of the lunar cycle and also why Chinese culture has Moon cake, something that I have seen passing China Town but never fully understood, forgive my ignorance. 

For those of you wondering what's special about the Harvest Moon is, it is unique because the Moon rises close to the same time several days in a row and this moon is not linked to the calendar for that month but is for the Autumnal equinox, in historical times showing the farmers that it was around 2 weeks till they had to do their final harvest before Autumn struck. 

The Moon was something, I certainly have always been fascinated about and never understood the spirituality side of it till recently, but also, I have learned to look and appreciate the seasons more, not just by what we eat, but these natural wonders that occur every month, below are some pictures that I captured of the Harvest Moon.






 

Comments

Popular Posts