Everyone is awesome

What a week it has been so far already, I have had some great talks regarding the last post I wrote 'Lets catch up and talk pronouns'  When Demi Lovato came out as non binary this week, I feel that this topic is really in the universe at the moment.  

From Twitter, Facebook, Zoom calls and Instagram.  Various people with different views have all privererleged  me with there time and I thank all of them for there viewpoints and the healthy discussion we have had, and have I come to a conclusion on where I stand, the answer is no its complicated without sounding like as naughty's Facebook status. However I am still open to this discussion as that is the best thing currently we can all do for various reasons. 

Anyway  Something else positive has happened in the LGBTQ community this week, which I am extremely excited about, and as you may have guessed it that is inclusive Lego.

 ' I love how bold yet simplistic the set is. It sends a powerful message, but it is also fun and quirky and doesn’t take itself too seriously.'  - Creator of the range Matthew Ashton and Vice president of the design at Lego company he also has a great article on the Lego page  called Why I designed “Everyone is Awesome” by Matthew Ashton







I have read some posts that moan about Lego doing this coming up to Pride season, however I know a lot of personal friends who have either worked at the Lego Stores or are collectors from the architecture range down to the DC hero's and other cult TV and film ranges like Star wars and even the wizard of Oz.  Overall I have never come across as Lego not being an ally to the community and generally do not think this is solely down to capitalizing on the pink pound and think its just cleaver retail planning like children's toys released at Christmas.
I generally cant wait to get this, and just hope when July 1st comes and these are released I do not have the disappointment of this being sold out and really hope people do not buy them to just resell, I am a fan of the collection what do you think is it a yay or a nay? 

As always #stayquirky and feel free to contact me with your views 



Comments

Popular Posts