#iwannabeaspicegirl

As I am travelling back to the UK wearing my #iwannabeaspicegirl jumper, I ponder should I still be wearing this top? 

As much as I love this top for my love of the spicegirls and the #genderjustice message which a lot of fans supported too, I now feel it’s slightly disheartening wearing this top with the recent news stories of the jumper being made in sweatshops in Bangladesh. I must state this factory was not approved by the band, but the clothing producers secretly changing factories without letting Comic Relief or the Spice Girls know and defeating the purpose of this charity top.

One thing I would love to see is the girls giving a percentage of their ticket sales to the right sources to try to rectify the mistake of not double checking production of the clothing being ethical. Yes I bought the top as a fan but I also bought it for the ethical reasoning behind it and feel it’s not lived up to the message behind the top sadly, so now I question should this be a top I should support and wear? 

If you have any views on this, please leave a comment I would love to have a discussion on this with other fans and non fans. 



Until next time staying quirky as always 


Comments

Popular Posts