Sexuall health and sports in vintage fashion

I'm currently working away with a very established fashion expert and while going through her archive I found a 1st edition of Arena Men's magazine,
While flicking through the magazine I was not surprised to see how much fashion is reflecting the same energy as of then, however two things that caught my eye was the article about sexual health with the topic being more open minded then any campaign I have seen today, talking about whatever your sexuality safe sex is important.

Yes I may here you cry we all know this but statistics may contradict that view?


My point of writing this is not to perch safe sex even though it actually is, it's to talk about the funding that sexual health education had back then to be able to advertise in a high fashion glossy to spread awareness is excellent,
However my only sadness is that type of education is not around today with cuts in budget in a hidden economic war that we seem to be living among.

I would like to discuss more on the climate of the state that we are living in today but feel that this is not my space and people come on this site for what is cool and what is hot etc, however I may not be the a news at 10 writer but I do want to express a bit of my views among the fashion features for awareness.


However on a lighter subject matter I have also included some pictures which was very sports inspired which feeling this is very now, with the Olympics only around the corner this shoot has more effect then ever

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts