Reviewing The Guardian how to make a face mask at home article

So face masks are the big talk at the moment, with questions like:


  • Do they work?
  • Fabric home made ones, is there any point?
  • How many layers of fabric and what type of fabric should I use?
The answer is, I do not know, but before you click away I have researched an article from the Guardian website which gave step-by-step instructions of how to make a face mask in fabric, however I thought I would show you me making this mask, and an adapted mask using fabrics that I could find in the studio and recycling them for a purpose that is needed.



 


I decided to share this with you guys, as I was fed up every time I went onto Instagram I would say some up-and-coming designer showing their masks and selling them at a small fortune,And dare I say with sequins and embroidery making lots of small holes I question the functionality over the practical as this is something that is needed and function should come over desirability first. By sharing this video anyone with fabric and some creativity can make a stylish but practical one emphasising your own unique style on a budget and hopefully recycle some old pieces that you have got in the house and go to probably put in the bin.


No I can’t take credit for the design and size as I said in the video, I’ve got these dimensions from reading the Guardian online: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/26/coronavirus-face-masks-why-covering-up-is-becoming-the-new-normal


That’s all for now, but stay safe and stay quirky XXX

M.W

Comments

Popular Posts