Sydenham arts trail and quirky drawing

Art is something I have always been passionate about, 
And for those readers who follow me on Instagram as @quirkydraws may also know I do my own illustrations and share my styling etc on my other Instagram page @quirkydraws.

So to celebrate the summer on the south of the river of London Sydenham Arts host a 10 day festival packed full of events with a busy timetable and a Artists Trail on the weekends to accompany the festival.

Now in its eighth year where the trail takes you on a tour of central sydenham and the frites of Forest hill where you meet artists in there homes and in residence of cafes, bars, restaurants and shops with more details for the times and venues of the places on sydenhamartists.co.uk

So last Sunday I decided to take a look around the trail as I was showing myself on the Saturday and wanted to meet the other artist and experience the trail myself not only be part of it.

Below are some snaps from my Instagram account of some of the work that you can see ...



A fusion of artists above who work in many media 's for credits to all pictures again can be found on my account @ quirkydraws 
Below Nick Richards paintings and drawings capture London so well and he does commissions for places that may be somewhere special for yourself.




Above talks of angles and eggs and husks by Ruty Benjamini uses ceramics in a way I did not think possible and fascinates me visually and tacitly.
Below Linda Litchfield works with hand stitching and uses the approach of mark making via stitching, this is beyond your standard textiles and makes a story through her work as she collects postcards of the past and brings them back to life.


Below post modernist abstract works of John Taylor are based on colour shape and form where was showing  the first weekend only of the arts trail but I couldn't miss him out of this blog as his work was so strong personally to me and meeting him as well he was a Welsh of knowledge and a wonderful man to meet.

On that note I must say that going around and meeting the actual artists behind the work was a pure joy something you don't always get the best experience of when viewing art, sometimes though to meet the creator and the art together is a special moment and a opportunity to ask any questions you may have to yourself if you where at a gallery.


Finally myself Michael Williamson Instagram @quirkydraws
I can say is honoured to be showing both the Saturdays of the art trail between 11am - 6pm 
At inkwa tattoos store 
254 Kirkdale Se26 4NL

Be
Ow is the work that I am exhibiting based around the influence of London that I have grown up in and using textiles and mixed media approaches to acchieve the goals.


I'm also giving demos to anyone that wants to know how to do iPad art or art via photoshop etc and doing live sketchs of a working tattoo parlour as seen below.



Come by and say hi to myself and visit the arts trail it be a lovely opportunity to meet you all and answer any questions and I'm around just tomorrow.

Yes I know I should of posted this sooner maybe the first week but getting everything done in time with a packed schedule has been hard I do apologise.

Until next time stay quirky and maybe I see you around 

Comments

Popular Posts